The countdown is on to Restaurant Week 2018! We’re excited to participate in 11th annual celebration of the best Des Moines eats. Mark your calendars for August 17-18 and 22-25 to enjoy three courses for just $28 in the Aposto dining room or on the patio.
Returning this year as a dessert option is Lou Ann’s Italian Wedding Cake! Here are five secrets about our most popular dessert ever.
- Lou Ann Lemmo taught her son, Tony, how to make the Italian cake in 2007 so he could carry on the sweet tradition.
- Mascarpone is one essential frosting ingredient.
- The key to ace the cake’s texture? Whipping the egg whites.
- When it’s on the menu, Aposto sells about 48 slices of cake a week (or about 1 cake a night).
- A glass of limoncello, prosecco or coffee all make for perfect pairings.